Had a nice time

 Assalamu aleikum wa rahmatullahi wa barakatuh each and every one :) how has your weekend been?


I'm happy, alhamdulillah, I've had a very nice weekend. Yesterday I was out at bit, had lovely time. Today I walked to a nearby shopping mall, to a halal market to be specific, and bought few things for today's dinner. I made a Finnish dish, meatballs with mashed potatoes and some boiled green beans. I'll share my meatball recipe below (sorry, no pictures.. but if you are used to cook, you will succeed with this recipe in sha Allah).


...


Alhamdulillah. I'm listening an instrumental version of the Algerian song "Aicha" and enjoyed some green tea. I've upgraded my teas and occasional coffees by making them in a high, thick glass. Instant coffee looks like a latte, instantly, lol :) Tea also tastes more refreshing from a glass. Hmm.


Some tea lingo, english to finnish:

tea - tee

green - vihreä

black - musta

maito - milk

oat drink - kaurajuoma

sugar - sokeri

honey - hunaja


...


Some say meatballs are an originally Swedish dish, but we know that this type of main course exist all around the world. This is how I like to make it:


Lihapullat (around 24 pieces)


you need:


- app. 300g of ground beef

- 1 egg

- half an onion

- 0,5 dl breadcrumbs

- 0,5 dl oat drink (or milk, or heavy cream)

- 2 tbs tomato puree

- salt

- black pepper

- oregano

- thyme

- paprika powder

- hot pepper sauce (optional)


1. Start with the onion, cut it as small as possible and sauté in cooking oil. Take it aside to cool down. Then mix the breadcrumbs and oat drink together and let it swell. 

2. Take a big bowl and combine all the ingredients. Be generous with all the seasoning. I usually mix everything by hand, you can also use a tablespoon or so.

3. Line an oven pan with parchment paper. Start rolling the ground beef mix into small balls, about the size of a ping pong ball or smaller. Place them in neat rows. This recipe will make around 24 balls, all should fit on the oven pan. Bake in 200C for 20 minutes.

4. Serve with potato mash and some side salad/greens. You can also make some brown gravy with it. 


Simple and delicious :)


...


I have now spent most of my time alone. It has felt needed, and good. I'm looking forward for the autumn. I will be starting in two groups in sha Allah, as part of physiotherapy provided by the psychiatric clinic/hospital. Other one is about dealing with anxiety and the other is boxing :) nice. I feel like it's time to be more productive. I should learn islam too, more actively. Memorize new surahs and also gain some more islamic knowledge.


I was looking for a school, but I think I'm not ready yet. I actually need more help than people around me understand. That's why I've decided that the rest of the year I will focus on myself and get better, to possibly be later ready to start studying. The nurses, my doctor, and physiotherapist have all been encouraging and understanding, alhamdulillah.

Also I want to take time for the possible creative work, which will be in the form of a new novel in sha Allah. I also want to explore my strengths and abilities. I want to do something for myself, because lately these years I have been more on the helper and giver side. So it's time for myself now. :)

I hope people would understand that having a mental illness takes a lot of energy. It's a constant battle. Some times are easier, and some times it can be very challenging. But I want people to understand too that it is possible to have a regular life still. It takes much work and determination, but it is possible. 


Thank you for reading, and later then,



Aisha



Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Good to see you

Hello hello!

Night time thoughts