Tears and drops

 Assalamu aleikum wa rahmatullahi wa barakatuh all :) how have u been?


I've been fighting against the anxiety and I think I'm winning, alhamdulillah. I had to cancel my participation to a sisters meeting, but I try to go to the mosque tomorrow in sha Allah. So today I had other plans.. I got a gift card, so I bought a gift for myself. Got a gift for hubby too. And then I went to market. After I got home, it started to rain like someone would've just snap their fingers, full rain. 


...


There has been a lot of causes getting visibility again in social media. I feel ashamed how easy it is to just live in a little bubble, enjoying all the comforts in life, and forgetting what the reality is for millions and millions. I'm glad these platforms like Tiktok can give voices to the people who need be heard. It's heartbreaking to listen, but we must. There's so much pain than can't be just set aside because we wanna have a nice brunch or something. I'm not claiming that here in the West people don't struggle, but we are spoiled, very literally. And we are constantly being conditioned to hold our systems superior. Lives too. 

So I've listened. About FGM, stories of survivors and the fear of it happening every day. Even Gambia for example, trying currently to overturn the FGM ban in the name of religion and culture. Who's religion, I'm asking. These power hungry p* wanting women to be "chaste while their husbands are away".. 

About Congo and the pure hell where the women and children are living. Sudan too. 

I am angry also at myself because I hear these stories and all I can do is cry and pray, maybe donate a small amount of money which is just a drop in the ocean of which is needed. I'm fighting my own fight with the anxiety, even doing regular things is a win. But how much people are bearing in Gaza? When your existence is war? Kids watching Lion King in an outside theatre, just kids being kids, in the middle of rubble and destruction. How will they grow, what the future holds for them?

That's why everyone must do what they can. In a peaceful way, I'm not calling for violence and spreading your own justice. Boycotting and raising awareness are simple ways to vote with your wallet, which matters, and also spread the people's truth, about what's really going on. 

No one is perfect, but also, we all are. Everyone deserves safety, food and water, warm place to sleep, money to get by. Jobs, education. A bright future, a right to your body and life. And because the politicians and leaders don't care, we must care even more. We will be free only when everyone is free.


...


I wish I had more encouraging words. But not today. There's so much on my mind and I need time to organize it. Writing seems very difficult now so I cut it short today. Thank you for reading though, I appreciate :) next time better in sha Allah,


Aisha


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Nightmares and assumptions

If you listen closely

Behind the glass