Private message

 Assalamu aleikum wa rahmatullahi everyone :) how's your week started?


I have been doing fine, alhamdulillah. I had a friend here, spending a long weekend with me. I have laughed so much I thought I simply stop breathing, astaghfirullah... and alhamdulillah. 

My turtle is getting ready for hibernation, or then he is having a late summer rest. He might sleep few days, then wake up for a day and then go for a long sleep again. This is a learning process for me, to understand his routines throughout the year. But it's really interesting too, and all in all this little guy has completely melted my heart :) <3 


...


Yeah it has been better for me to take some more time for myself. I maybe just have to take more time now to kind of draw my outlines again, if that makes sense. I'm often going through these same themes, and boundaries is one of the topics that keep circulating. But yeah, outlines. A different boundaries setting.

But don't get me wrong, I do need company and I have seen my friends during this time on the mountain. It just needs to be in a right amount, to keep my balance. 


...


I should make a hair care and skin care post. In sha Allah. I recently started to do the curly girl method. Yeah, kinda late on train but, I don't really have curly hair so I thought it won't work for me.. I did have curls when I was a kid, but then it straightened up when growing and now it's only slightly wavy at it's best. 

But my hair tends to be very dry, so I've found now help from a leave-in conditioner. That works really well, and doubles as a body balm (? so weird :D), and I don't need to battle with oils. You know, finding the right amount or washing the oil out of your hair for four times etc.. The leave-in conditioner is easy and leaves the hair nicely moisturized. Still on this journey though.


I also started using micellar water. It makes my skin glow! I was really surprised. It is an effective moisturizer too. Why I am so dry, as it seems to be? :D lol. I've tried to find natural remedies for my skin issues but sometimes it might be smart to turn to the pharmacy too. In sha Allah I will find a balance in this too. The micellar water seems harmless, so I keep on seeing how it will affect on my skin long term.


Also, diet, diet, diet. It's so easy to eat sugar and carbs, but I try to be and stay on the healthier side. I have high cholesterol so I should avoid red meat, milk products and eggs. It's probably a genetic tendency for me. I don't eat lot of these but cheese is my dearest enemy.. More vegetarian options, it is. Alhamdulillah. Luckily there's lot of meat and dairy substitutes available.


...


To sum up again, it feels good to enjoy your own company. I am a really private person, privacy is important to me, even though I am also very open, hence the blog and everything.. But I want to keep it in my own hands, what things I choose to share and what not. There's a lot of tea but it will stay in the cup :)


I'm getting sleepy and I still have things to do so I just wish you a good night and a productive week :) until next time,


Aisha



Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Good to see you

Hello hello!

Night time thoughts