Winter in autumn
Assalamu aleikum wa rahmatullahi wa barakatuh dears :) how did your weekend go?
This could be an aw27 style post, but it's not. Today, like every day, we focus on the everyday things and experiences > consuming. So today, we finally went to the Winter Garden here in Helsinki. The weather was warm, and we had matching sweaters, so a bit too warm, but a nice day still, hehe.
...
The Winter Garden is small but a very precious spot close to Pasila and Töölö. It's free, that's nice too. It has three different rooms full of plants, which are actually very common houseplants but grown for years, probably decades. Cacti, palm trees, flowers.. and a little pond with koi fish living in :) Then there's a rose garden outside. Beautiful place. Of course this time of the year the flowering plants and the roses outside had seen their best days already, but the sunshine mended the flaws. I recommend!
We've had some ups and downs, so spending time together and going on a date feels special. And it doesn't have to be anything expensive or big. Just us two, and somewhere nice to go. After visiting the garden, we went for a small walk. Later at home we had some dinners, he had his and I had mine and that's fine too. Then we watched some 'The great pottery throw down' on Yle Areena.
...
It was a nice day and I enjoyed it, but I have had this lingering sadness going on, so I don't have much to write. That's why I share you some insta accounts I follow, maybe you find them inspiring too :)
- @tyttilaitakari
A designer based in Helsinki, Finland. She makes pottery flower wall decoration in beautiful color combinations.
- @astahearts
She has incredible style sense. For all the feminine tomboys! I love to see her combining pieces together, and her crazy accessories which make a lot of sense. She also has a blog/community on substack.
- @muntheofficial
A brand I probably won't be able to afford, but that won't stop me from liking their clothing :)
- @minimalfu
A muslim sister creating content about minimalism. Her account helps even if you want to de-clutter your mind :)
and then of course
- @cupofteawithaisha
, which is my account. I will put there more photos of today's garden visit!
...
Yeah, today not so talkative, so maybe next time then. Thnx for reading still :) Have a nice Sunday evening and in sha Allah we'll meet again next week!
Aisha


Comments
Post a Comment