Busy week, busy mind
Assalamu aleikum wa rahmatullah all :) how r u?
I have had something to do every day this week, which is good. It's good to be a bit busy sometimes. I'm a bit tired, but I had to come see you guys :) and make a cuppa of course, some silver tea.
...
I've gotten out of my comfort zone this week, by going to new places and also been out in the evening time, which I normally avoid. This is what happens easily to anxious people, they start to avoid certain places etc. So, as I want to treat myself and not in that good way, but maybe good in a long run -way, I occasionally do things I don't like to do but which are good for me. And of course there's a greater good: I met a sister I haven't seen in a while, and her toddler too, ma sha Allah. It was nice to catch up and meet face to face. I'm more active online, but I want to be more active overall and enlarge my circles. After all I can't live just in my home-market-home life forever, I need to do things and go to places. Maybe I exaggerate a bit but I am dangerously comfortable with my own bubble.
My anxiety has stayed on the background for a while now, and that of course helps so much. My nurse suggested I'd name them.. any suggestions? Some people apparently cope by picturing their anxiety as a person. I don't know does it work, but it might.. I met my nurse this week, and a lot of things are happening so that affects me of course, but also we came to a conclusion that these moods and the anxiety comes and goes and it's not really on my hands. I'd like to think that if I just do better, and try harder, I will feel better. And sometimes it works like that, but then again, it's not on my hands entirely, and it's quite big burden to carry. To be in charge of your broken mind, which doesn't obey you.
But of course again, what we do and how we live does affect on our mental health, that's for sure. Your basic needs have to be balanced. Healthy food, water, sleep, relationships, housing, something meaningful to do. I've written about the balance before - it's very important to look for the middle road. That way you can give grace to yourself. Like God gives to us.
And also treat yourself too.
...
I had a good day, but now I feel so tired. I feel like lately I haven't been at my best as a writer, but that's how it goes, as you see. A little up, a little down, but I do care about the consistency.
Maybe this time I won't try to be better, I just am like I am. I guess that's what this blog is about after all, isn't it? Later then,
Aisha


Comments
Post a Comment