Capsule wardrobe for fall-winter 23-24

 Assalamu aleikum everyone :)


A nice day off going on here :) I went to a second hand shop and found some flowers and a cute little glass jar. Then I came home and made chicken soup. Soup theme continues.. today I will tell you about my wardrobe and tips to have a good capsule wardrobe for fall and winter. 




...


So a disclaimer first: this is just my opinion of how I like to keep a minimal capsule wardrobe. You can adjust this to your needs. So either you love jilbabs or pants, here we go. :)

(I'm sorry I couldn't take pictures, I just right now don't have the setting in my home for that.)


Capsule wardrobe for fw 2023-2024


Dresses, tops, bottoms

- 2 abayas/maxi dresses

- 2 tunics

-2 maxi skirts

- wide leg pants

- oxford shirt

- long cardigan


Outerwear

- oversize anorak

- puffer jacket

- wool coat


Shoes

- 2 pairs of sneakers

- lug sole boots

- feminine boots


Other basic clothes

- workout clothes (leggings, tunics)

- underwear (including turtle neck top for cold days, to wear under the abaya)

- 2 home dresses

- wool socks


Accessories

- bags and backpacks

- balaclava

- neck scarf

- mittens and gloves

- jewelry


And that's it :)

This is of course for a colder climate. If you live in a warm climate area, I would suggest to have 1-2 more abayas, tunics or skirts because they need to be washed more often, so you will always have something to wear. Also maybe have a hoodie or a light jacket to wear on colder or rainy days. 

But you get the picture. You don't need to have many pieces to have a nice, working capsule. The key is to keep the colors under control (or it depends on your personal style oc), so everything will match together. I trust in black and burgundy, and for summer I have 2 beige abayas to wear too. And when your color scheme is cohesive, it's easy to add pops of color, for example in accessories and scarves.

What!

I forgot scarves from my list! Lol :D What is a hijabi without scarves..

Well, if you wear a headscarf, you can have them a fair amount. I probably have around 8-10 scarves, but I use mostly 5 of them regularly. I don't count scarves or bags, otherwise I try to stay minimal with my wardrobe.

Also actually, I didn't add occasion wear too. But this is supposed to be your everyday capsule. And like I said, you can adjust it into your needs. My style is very simple and casual, and I can wear my regular clothes at work too. 

One last tip is to have two of everything. Two pairs of sneakers, two pairs of leggings, two home dresses etc, like you can see on my list. When other one is in wash, you have the other one to wear.

And, when you have a capsule wardrobe, as a bonus you will end up having so much less laundry. Yes! :)


So, 

- simple colors

- choose your "uniform"

- collect together the clothes you always feel confident to wear

- personal style over fashion


...


What comes to fashion, I think as muslimah is best to stick up to the wardrobe classics. An oversized Oxford shirt, for example, looks stylish and can be worn at work or at dinner with friends. As a pop of color, bright red is still trending and will be still on trend in 2024. I personally invested in a quality anorak and sneakers, because I will be wearing them almost every day in the autumn time. 

Oversized jackets and coats are still on trend, and I think they will be the new classics from now on. They are easy and comfortable to wear and the silhouette works great when one wants to dress modestly.

I am going to also wear happily my new lug sole boots, even if they are falling out of trend. Because they are so good in Finland in the wintertime, when there's snow and all the forms of it.. so my feet will stay dry in sha Allah. Try and see what works for you. Fashion is not so serious thing at all. Comfort and confidence wearing what you love will look better on you than the latest trends. :)


...


Thank you for reading! It's so nice to see the statics and see how people come to read my blog :) It will encourage me to write more again, so thanks to all of you, dear readers. Have a good weekend!


- Aisha 



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Good to see you

Night time thoughts

Hello hello!