Starting to realize..

 Assalamu aleikum wa rahmatullah my dear readers :) how are u doing?


I have had an easygoing day, alhamdulillah. Maybe a bit lonely but all in all, fine. I went to do some grocery shopping and then made some lunch, and I just came inside from a walk in a forest. My husband is with his friends and I don't need to cook yet.. so I just chill and spend some quality time with you :)


...


My mom had a tortoise for 15 years, and now decided to give it to me. So now we have a new family member, Suttis! :) It's so cute and makes a great pet. It's kinda quiet and neat, it just basically eats and sleeps, and when he wants, he can take a walk on the floor. Go check his photo in Insta :) @cupofteawithaisha. 


...


Lately I have been confused about things I've heard.. I know this blog is 'Cup of tea with Aisha' but I'm sorry, can't really spill the tea. But it's just mainly disappointment and disbelief in some people's actions and I struggle to cope with it. Am I supposed to advice or just leave it? I think there is a Hadith about leaving things that don't concern us so.. maybe that is the answer then.

It's not easy to be a good person, hence a good muslim. I am so flawed and a sinner myself so I am not the one to cast any stones, may it be the first or last. But it's troubling me, can't lie.


...


So I'm starting to realize.. how important the company we are in is. It is true that our surroundings and the people we surround ourselves with, will be half of us. This is not about throwing a shade to anybody. But it makes a big difference.. if someone makes me feel uncomfortable, maybe that's not my person then. Similarly like I am not everybody's tea either.

Lol. When I used to roll in the central railway station in Helsinki, when I was younger and not a muslim yet, I met there a lot of Gambians and we all were there for some kind of.. bisnes things.. well anyways, one day I met this one guy I knew a bit and we sat down to drink a cup of coffee. He then said to me that "Elina.. did you know that people here are talking about you?", and my first thought was that oh my days, what could it be :( And he proceeded to say "they have a saying about you and it goes like this: everybody likes Elina but Elina don't like everybody" hahaha I still laugh at it :) It's true I guess, but really same time I do like everyone. It's just that actually I usually get the feeling people don't like me so I usually stay in my own corner.

But back to the point. It's ok to have different type of friends, closer ones and those to whom it's maybe best to keep a little distance. I need to tell this to myself because I genuinely feel bad if I don't feel good with someone. But that has only lead me to stay in bad relationships. Boundaries are important and they are perfectly ok to have. When I became a muslim, I basically left my whole 'old life' behind me, so I've done it before. This situation is different but in sha Allah it will work out the best way. 


...


Spring time is for new beginnings. I feel that something very sweet has begun, and in sha Allah the rest will follow. I finally am healthy again, alhamdulillah, and am waiting for good opportunities to come. 

It's good. What doesn't concern me, I leave it. Alhamdulillah.


Have a good week! :)



Aisha


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Good to see you

Night time thoughts

Hello hello!