Hello hello!

 Assalamu aleikum everyone! 😊❤ How are you doing?


It feels great to start over. For those who don't know, I used to write a blog with the same title, "Cup of tea with Aisha", for around five years until I decided to demolish the whole thing. 😌 And it felt good. It was one part of my journey, finding myself and healing, and also about all the stumbling along the way. But now that part, is a part of the past. I'm still on that same journey, but on another level - a lot has happened and changed. So this is it, same me but maybe a different perspective.. I hope that with sharing my thoughts and insights, you may find yourself not feeling alone with yours. ❤ in sha Allah.


...


In my profile, I tell I write about daily life, food, beauty, travel, islam, mental health and relationships. So, for an introduction, here's a brief 411 of these subjects in my life..


Daily life

Right now, my daily life is very simple. In Finland everyone starts by asking about work or school, so for the record, I work technically as a freelancer/online peer supporter. So far I have been part of workshops, helping to provide content for an online course as one of the many experience developers, and I will be a guest in a podcast soon too, in sha Allah. I do this work not so frequently, and more as a voluntary worker. Other than that, I just keep up with my daily routines, meet my friends and get ready to travel.


Food

Important. Good cause for charity/sadaqah. Last thing I ate was a chicken taco. Last thing I drank, tea. 😊 


Beauty

I am a fan of natural beauty. Right now my beauty staples are my DIY beauty oil mix, nettle shampoo bar and sunscreen. I have shifted to only using natural cosmetics, and also using less cosmetics overall, and I see some improvement as I have had acne for years. Beautifying my character is also one thing I try to keep in mind.


Travel

Hmm..  I'll get back to this later in sha Allah. πŸ˜…


Islam

My saviour. I reverted to islam in 2015, alhamdulillah. So it has been a while now, and now I'm happily settled with my muslim identity. But beeing a muslim and striving to become a better one is a lifelong task. And a way of life.


Mental health

There's so much to write about mental health, but shortly, this is a subject I will probably write the most in future. Mental health is something to be cared for, and not to be overlooked. No one should be shamed of their difficulties or illnesses, and that's why I choose to speak on this.. to raise awareness and diminish the stigma. 


Relationships

Well.. there's this one nice, handsome, kinda wonderful man I know.. who lives on the other side of the ocean.. Me and my husband have been in a long distance relationship/marriage since 2017, and Allah knows best, we'll try to fix the distance part soon 😊😊


...


If you have any questions for me, feel free to leave a comment 😊 Now I need another cup of tea. Thank you for reading! 


Aisha

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Good to see you

Night time thoughts