Extra extra patient

 Assalamu aleikum wa rahmatullah ☺


Patience has been the word to describe my past weeks and days. I'm not ok at all. I think about my marriage every day, and can it still be saved. I've been patient, but sad, just very sad for a long time now. Alhamdulillah, and in sha Allah things will still take a turn to what is best for me and us. 

Trust me, this laptop is driving me nuts too. So slow... I got a new battery for it but this is slow like a snail. And I can't say I love snails, even if they never bothered me. Sorry mr. and mrs. Snail.


...


What helps me in this madness, is good coping mechanisms. I write a journal almost every day, where I can just say all the things in my mind without too much of a filter. I have this bleg blog, for a better articulation and possible benefit for others. And I write a novel, slowly but surely in sha Allah, to just let my creativity flow. And that's just writing. 

I also eat a ton of chewing gum every day, then exercise a little, enjoy making shampoo bars and so on.. it's good to have multiple ways of self care because sometimes more options is needed.




Also friends are pure gold. Without my friends I wouldn't be here. It's just that friends can help only to a certain point, and then we or I, am all alone again. So it's very important to find nice things to do to make me feel better. 


...


Yesterday I made some shampoo bars again, and tried it today. It works so well! I had ready made shampoo bar base, which I mixed in some lavender and rosemary essential oils and some raspberry seed oil. The raspberry seed oil is high in vitamin E. And high in yellowness! The soaps became nice baby yellow coloured and they smell good. Rosemary essential oil is especially good for scalp, as it has cleansing, balancing and nourishing qualities. Lavender is probably known to many, it also soothes scalp and has a beautiful, calming scent. When I wash my hair with these home made (or at least partly home made) shampoo bars, my hair feels so much thicker when dry, and more 'natural'. I just feel like I've washed my hair in rain water. And making the bars is fun. I love that I can use ingredients which work for my hair. This is not any paid advert but if you live in Finland, check out limepop.fi! They have oils, butters, essential oils, soaps, aloe vera.. all natural and organic products too. I love their shop.

I was supposed to cook today but it's getting late for that. So tomorrow I try making cauliflower steaks with some roasted sweet potato and feta cheese in sha Allah, and today I just eat something small. I feel like I'm starting to be at home, at my home, at last. I'm happy to see that progress, alhamdulillah.




I hope you all have a great weekend! 


- Aisha

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Good to see you

Night time thoughts

Hello hello!