Night time thoughts

 Assalamu aleikum wa rahmatullahi wa barakatuh. How are you?


I am stressing about some personal issues, so can't sleep. So, I'm making a cup of coffee, planning to stay up all night. And go market in the morning. I have the luxury to take a nap later, so staying up tonight is not a problem. This happens for me sometimes, I just have to stay awake all night.

Night is good time for writing, as I feel a bit more creative. The vibe is different and the stimulation of outside world has shut down.


...


What would I write then? I want to write about Palestine, I want to write about Sudan, Congo.. Afghanistan. Kashmir, Uighur muslims, Rohingya sisters and brothers.. Yemen, Syria. And more, that I know or don't, yet. The world is burning because of Western democracy, which means white supremacy and colonization. Certain countries supporting each other in this atrocity. Even Finland, a nordic, "real democracy", the "happiest country in the world", is delivering guns and war machines to 'Israel'. And Finland didn't even vote for the ceasefire. What a shame!

But Allah swt has a plan. We have to trust in it. Of course do our best and make an effort, but we have to have that trust that Allah swt knows what is supposed to happen to us. 

I know it doesn't feel right. What we see in social media, the real news from these war torn places with so much sorrow, grief and loss, is something that will haunt us for a long time. It doesn't feel right because it is the worst, it is so wrong. A man is not supposed to kill one another. Or children, elderly, or those who have already struggled and survived. May Allah swt give ease to all who are suffering. Take our blessings and give them to those who need it the most. Amiin.


Because it's not about asking Allah swt why He lets this happen. It is Allah swt asking us, how come we let this happen. 


...


I used to hate the system and be somewhat an anarchist. I used to hate politricks and not have faith in any world leaders. That is something I'm gaining back, after my years of my own tests and trials. I have now more energy to give back again. I just need to find my ways of doing things. 

I have marched before in some demonstrations, but I can't do that anymore. I don't have anyone who would come with me and as I am still anxious, I just can't go alone, even if I know it's important and surely people there are welcoming. But I can pray, I can make du'aa, I can donate, I can spread awareness.

I haven't talked about politics much, because I feel like I don't have the right words and I am not well educated. But it doesn't really matter. Understanding what is right and what is wrong will come naturally, if you follow your heart and be honest to yourself. We all born with fitrah and it includes morality.


...


I have also wanted to write some tips for boycotting, as I can draw from my past something positive. So here's what I've found useful:


1. Buy local products

This is so good in many ways. You will support your local farmers, preferably organic producing, with less emission. Make food from scratch and you get more healthier, wholesome dishes to eat.


2. Make your own cosmetics

L'oreal is everywhere, and so are other companies on the boycott list. Try making your own cosmetics. It's fun, and relatively cheap and it will serve as a new hobby. I make my own soap and shampoo (from a ready soap base), and I make my own face and body lotion out of aloe vera gel and (extra virgin olive) oil. You can try different oils, and see what suits best for you. I have used an almond+essential oil mix but I changed it now to a good olive oil, and I see even better results. And it's sunnah!

If you are living in Finland, try Limepop :) they sell aloe gel but you can find it in pharmacies too, in sha Allah.

And how to make the lotion.. just take some aloe gel, the size of a pea, and add few drops of oil. Mix between your clean hands and apply. Easy! I love this little beauty science :)


3. Shop wisely (and minimal)

Second hand shops, wearing what you already have instead of buying new clothes.. this is a note to myself too, I have to get better in this. But yeah, recycle and re-wear. Save money for supporting local brands. Look for ethical, ecological options. Second hand shops are safe, and you can find so nice things in there. But remember also, not so much is really needed. Be happy what you already have. :) works for wardrobe and life as well.


4. Don't give up

It is a battle, but stay strong. We have to stay strong for the people who need our support. We can do this! Don't get tired now..  There can already see an impact so let's just keep going :)


What tips you would give to others in the same boat? Let me know in the comment section :)


...


I want the year 2024 to be a good one. These past 1,5 years have been personally speaking, really difficult for me, as my divorce was really a hard time and I only now have cut all contact. And the years before that.. whole Covid situation and what else. It looks really bad right now, but I do hope there is a chance to a positive change.


Good night and good morning to all of you. Thank you for reading. Take care <3


Aisha


Comments

  1. Hali, oot rakas ja tärkeekin ❤️ Hienosti kirjoitit, tärkeistä asioista muistutit. Ja zakillaahu khayr 🌹

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Samoin ❤️ kiitos, wa iyaaki ukhti 😊

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Good to see you

Hello hello!