A minor setback but no worries

 Assalamu aleikum :) how's your day?


I thought I'm gonna be healthy by the time Ramadan starts, but I have some kind of throat infection which needs antibiotics. Three times a day for ten days... that means I can't start fasting yet. I feel bad but this is the situation right now and I have to live with it. I hope I have the chance to fast as much as possible still. In sha Allah.


My day has been fine, I went to the pharmacy and to the supermarket. I have never made Baba ganoush. or even tasted it, but today I try to make it in sha Allah. I bought some soft bread and then I will fry some chicken and make a salad. I'm happy to really get into the cooking, as I enjoy it as a hobby too and not only a necessity, but same time it kills me to know that in Gaza people are starving. And not only in Gaza. I want to help but how? Israel is beyond wicked, how they won't even let the aid reach the Gaza Strip.. only thing left is to make duaa. If you know good ways to help and do sadaqa, feel free to comment below. Boycott is still going on.


...


I have been perfecting my homemade chili oil recipe. The challenge is in preserving, as I don't use any artificial preservatives. But with some added vinegar, it will stay fresh probably as long as it lasts :)

You will need

- 1 tomato

- 2 habaneros

- 0,5 dl apple cider vinegar

- 1 tablespoon of oil (just a regular cooking oil)

- 1 teaspoon of salt

- 1 teaspoon of sugar

(a food processor)


Boil the tomato and habaneros whole in plenty of water in a small kettle. When the tomato starts shedding its peel, take it out, peel it and put it to the side. Boil the habaneros a few minutes longer, then take them out and gently pull out the stem with the seeds. If you have a food processor, put the tomato and chilis in and mash them to a paste. If you don't have a processor, mash them with a fork. Add the rest of the ingredients and mix well. Store in a small glass jar in fridge. Note! This is spicy! Trust me ;)


...


That's all for today.. I need to go pray asr now in sha Allah. Still no pictures because I somehow can't add any. But you can follow me also in insta @cupofteawithaisha, I put there some highlights and I could probably do more.. Just keep reading dears, it gives me so much motivation. So pat yourself on your back, you are doing a great job :)


Aisha



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Good to see you

Night time thoughts

Hello hello!