Alhamdulillah

 Assalamu aleikum wa rahmatullahi wa barakatuh everyone :) how are u doing?


It's here :) The moon has been sighted and the blessed month of Ramadan has started. Alhamdulillah :) I feel so excited and happy. I can't start fasting yet, but I try to engage in reading Qur'an (from a phone app), making dhikr and du'aa and do some sadaqah too in sha Allah. I also want to read a book that I haven't take time to read in a long time, "Secrets of Divine love" by A. Helwa. In sha Allah. It's good to take some time off social media and take more time for learning and reflecting.

Ramadan is not only for fasting, it's a time to cleanse our hearts, connect to our souls, remember those who have less, and most of all, remember and praise our Maker, Allah subhana wa ta'ala. It's not for feasting every night and wasting food, or a diet on the other hand. Lots of blessings and forgiveness will be showered upon us, if we stay patient and humble. In sha Allah. It's a challenge - can you become a better version of yourself.


...


Tonight my husband cooked for us and we had a lovely meal. It was overall a really nice weekend and we had lots of time together, alhamdulillah. I remembered I had my golden cardboard star in the closet, so I took it our for a Ramadan decoration. Other than that, and the paper star my friend gave me, I don't really have much decorations.. Maybe could put more lights though. But it's not so important. If I had kids I would decorate more but two adults can manage without I guess. I want to keep this Ramadan simple. Not so much about material things, but experiences and good conversations in sha Allah.

And learning. I put for myself some small, achievable goals.. I want to learn how to read Qur'an in Arabic and I also have one surah in my mind I want to learn also. In sha Allah, again. This month will show how can I really be a better muslim and person.


...


I still can't add any pictures, so you can follow me in insta @cupofteawithaisha for the small glimpses of, mostly, my home. I don't really take pictures outside the house, only very rarely. When the Spring time goes forward, I will go to walks more often so I will show then my surroundings some more in sha Allah. Today we went for a walk. Here's a small beach right next to us and also a forest. I really like living here in this area because it's just perfect alhamdulillah. Metro station is right next to us, but also some quieter areas and nature.


...


Hmm, what else :) I'm just happy. Being loved works miracles and I wish everyone can feel like this, that they are worth of living their life. I feel contentment and joy. So, alhamdulillah :) I hope all the best for you, dear readers, and Ramadan Mubarak to you all!


Aisha


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Good to see you

Night time thoughts

Nice and calm