Good to see you

 Assalamu aleikum wa rahmatullahi wa barakatuh dears :) how are you doing?


It's the endless promising that I will write more often.. I don't know why it is like this. But I'm really happy to see that you, dear readers, come back even though my lack of consistency. I can only promise to try to be better ;)


I have been a little sick and even now I'm having some migraine symptoms. I've been in flu and had sore throat. Usually I'm physically healthy so this has stressed me out a bit. But alhamdulillah, getting better just in time for Ramadan. :)


...


So yes. I have some news.. I got married ♡♡ I'm happy and it feels easy. We are still a bit strangers, we got married fast, so it's a bit of a learning process still. My husband is very sweet and takes care of me. It's the small things, he helps at home, always brings something when he comes (we are not living together yet), and gives compliments and intimacy. Alhamdulillah. Everyone have their misdeeds and mistakes, we are all flawed some way, so it's just a lot about acceptance and just being loving and understanding.

It feels light to start something new. Past is a baggage I really don't want to always carry with me. And something has happened, I feel more confident and my anxiety levels are low. It was this point I got to, when I said to myself that hey, you are a nice person and if some people don't appreciate it, it's their loss. I wanted to start to live again. And now, I am free to live my life and I am able to do everything without panicking about it.

Of course I am still shy and somewhat reserved, that's just my nature. But I am getting more open and I am ready to reach higher goals, in sha Allah. First I need to figure out what my goal actually are :)


...


And to the main news.. Ramadan is almost here! Yay :) I have to confess that I started making up my fasts wayyy too late. I plan to fast at least one day before and then I must pay the rest. What a mistake, astaghfirullah. I hope I don't get extra days to make up this year, in sha Allah. Only thing is now that my period probably also starts in the first days so.. I need to find ways to lift up my iman and spirit. If you are in the same situation, don't worry yourself. Allah swt knows what is best for us and it is a test. When we stay steadfast and patient, Allah swt will bless us. So it's ok in any situation. Always alhamdulillah, right? :)


I stress a bit about the cooking.. This is first Ramadan I spend with a husband together so I have some pressure to cook different delicious meals. I will probably make my lentil side soup which I have made every year, and then look for healthy, nutritious and de-licious recipes. Today I practice making butter chicken in sha Allah, and I have some other dishes in my sleeve. Do you have special Ramadan recipes? Please share in the comments :)


...


I'm gonna end this post with a fave list, I haven't done those in so long time. So here is my..


March favorites


1. Less sugar, more fruits

I did buy candy today, but mostly I've ate fruits or coffee for dessert and I think I've lost some weight. I feel already healthier and to be honest, I don't really even crave sugar that much. I bought the candy but it doesn't taste that good even. So this has been a good change.


2. Sneakers

Yes! It's been so nice weather now and the snow on the roads has melted so time to wear sneakers again :) I have my Veja sneakers from last year and then one another pair too.. I recommend the Veja's, they are expensive but they are still like brand new, and I have worn them a lot. 


3. Early mornings

I have woken up with my husband before 5am during the week days, and it has been a good change for me too. We drink coffee together before he goes to work, and I pack lunch for him. It's easy then to pray fajr and have a good start for the day. I can take a small nap in the afternoon and then start cooking the dinner. Like I always say, it's good to be an early worm :) (if early bird catches the worm, better be an early worm then..)

...

Yes. I'm not gonna say that everything is great or so, because it's not. But alhamdulillah, the days are rolling nicely and I feel productive. Take care of yourself dears and thank you for reading, next time then :)


P.s. I try to add some pictures later, right now Blogger has some issue adding photos..


Aisha


Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Night time thoughts

Hello hello!