Heavy day

 Assalamu aleikum wa rahmatullahi wa barakatuh dears.. how are u doing?


I have hard time to put my thoughts together. Finland has been claimed to be the happiest country of the world, once again.. and yesterday we had a really sad incident where a 12 year old shot his class mates, ended up killing one and two of the victims are in a critical state. When I think of this, I can't help but thinking too that also, same time in another part of the world adults, note, adults, are killing kids this age and even babies.


They have said now that the shooter's motive was bullying. It is a huge problem and in the end it comes to the very point of why we have bullying, racism, islamophobia, homophobia, transphobia, addictions, violence.. When people can't tolerate other people and let them be how and who they are. Some people have actually the power to decide on other people's lives. Or, they take so called justice in their own hands and do something that can never ever be undone.


I don't know what I could say. I hope only that we could always choose the right way, the middle road. A little girl inside of me wants to say let's all just love each other. That little girl, living in Palestine or even today in Finland, might be dead for no reason. Nothing justifies taking a person's life. Even in islam, known for so 'notorious' Sharia law, we don't play by the eye for an eye law in that sense. Allah swt will forgive every sin, if we truly repent. But on the Judgement Day we still have to settle all matters with the people we have hurted in this life. Allah swt might forgive us, but the wisdom is that we need to treat everyone well, in a kind and just way. The forgiveness part comes into it when we can't fix things, so God will have mercy on us. But it doesn't justify wrongdoings. It's not also ok to do something and think that I will repent that later. Even in Qur'an it says, "If anyone kills a person, it would be as if he killed the whole people, and if anyone saved a life, it would be as if he saved the life of whole people", in surah 5, chapters 32-33. That is how sacred life is.


...


I have been fasting kinda on off, this has been really one challenging Ramadan. I hope you all have done better than me. It's not still over just yet, so in sha Allah I want to make these last days count.


Being now in a marriage is a blessing, but it takes time to trust and adjust to each other's lives. We might be stumbling some days but in sha Allah, in the end we will be stronger together.


...


I read about Hong Kong since I seem to have many readers from there, thank you so much :) May Allah swt bless you all and accept your good deeds. I hope you will be able to practice islam, because our Uighur brothers and sisters are living in pressure, in living hell I would want to say.. 


Islam is a threat to Western values, I give you that. But as they want us to believe, that islam would harm our family values, individuality, freedom etc, it actually is so simple. Islam is the opposite of capitalism and that's what they really mean by it. Islam is the opposite of consumerism, objectifying women, exploitation and modern day slavery. Islam gives muslims a sense of a local and global community. And faith is the strongest weapon we can ever have. When we have God on our side, who can really destroy us? They will try it in this life, but we live for the hereafter in the end. So we have something no one can ever take away from us.

Only thing is when we harm ourselves, by growing apart from Allah swt. That's why it's important to nurture our imaan, our faith, daily. And that's what I must do too.


...


Somehow I still can't add any photos here.. so please be patient with me. Technology, any sort of it, is not a cup of tea for Aisha, so I try to just see if it can fix itself at some point. You can follow me on insta @cupofteawithaisha where I post about new blog posts.


Meanwhile, take care. ♡



Aisha



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Good to see you

Night time thoughts

Nice and calm